Your privacy is important to us
At Pivot Recruitment Solutions your right to privacy and our treatment of your personal data is important. Pivot Recruitment Solutions is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and subordinate legislation. The following statement outlines how Pivot Recruitment Solutions manages personal data that it holds about individuals in accordance with the Act.
For the purposes of the Act the data controller is Pivot Recruitment Solutions (company no. 10455767) of 975/6 CORNFORTH DRIVE, KENT SCIENCE PARK, SITTINGBOURNE, KENT, ME9 8PX registered as a data controller under the Act under registration number ZA218305.
Personal data – what is it?
Personal data is any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from those data or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, a data controller and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or other person in respect of the individual.
It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and other data obtained by Pivot Recruitment Solutions in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal data includes sensitive personal data.
Sensitive personal data – what is it?
When personal data concerns the matters listed in section 2 (a)-(h) of the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, modified or replaced from time to time, it is considered sensitive personal data.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data about you in accordance with the law. In most cases, Pivot Recruitment Solutions will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data where it has received your explicit consent.
Who will be collecting your personal data?
Pivot Recruitment Solutions is a specialist professional recruitment consultancy placing candidates on a permanent, contract and interim basis in Waste Management, Renewable Energy & Environmental sectors.
For the purposes of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (the “Conduct Regulations”) Pivot Recruitment Solutions operates as:
- an agency when recruiting for permanent positions or fixed-term assignments direct with Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ client; and
- an employment business when recruiting for temporary assignments where services will be supplied to Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ clients via Pivot Recruitment Solutions.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions will be bound by applicable terms of the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct Regulations, unless you do not act for and under the control of Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ client(s) when providing your services via Pivot Recruitment Solutions or you provide services via a company and you and that company have agreed to opt out of the application of the Conduct Regulations.
Your personal data will be collected by Pivot Recruitment Solutions to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
How will your data will be collected?
Generally, Pivot Recruitment Solutions collects personal data directly from you. For example, it collects personal data when you:
deal with Pivot Recruitment Solutions in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or via our website;
- supply a CV or application form;
- fill out and submit a registration form;
- subscribe to job alerts emails;
- submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
- complete psychometric assessments.
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that Pivot Recruitment Solutions contacts for verification or vetting purposes. For example when Pivot Recruitment Solutions receives:
- any reference about you;
- results of enquiries of former employers or engagers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- the results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions will normally require you to provide signed consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties (unless you have indicated your consent in some other way) but, if Pivot Recruitment Solutions does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you as soon as possible that it has collected personal data from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which Pivot Recruitment Solutions has collected your personal data.
How Pivot Recruitment Solutions may use and disclose your personal data
- to provide recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to match your details against job vacancies which Pivot Recruitment Solutions feels may be appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
- to apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your data to clients;
- to allow you submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ job alerts so that Pivot Recruitment Solutions can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
- to market our recruitment services to you across all areas of the Pivot Recruitment Solutions business;
- to develop and market other products and services, to improve Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ customer service and to make Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ services more useful to you (which includes tailoring the Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ website and those of Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ group companies in order to better suit your requirements);
- to inform you about any relevant industry developments, send you details of any events, promotions and competitions, and to communicate any other relevant information;
- to maintain and promote Pivot Recruitment Solutions business relationships;
- to answer your enquiries or questions;
- for other purposes for which you have engaged Pivot Recruitment Solutions.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions may also disclose your personal data to third parties if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
- a member of the Pivot Recruitment Solutions Group;
- prospective employers or engagers;
- other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
- third parties who perform functions on Pivot Recruitment Solutions behalf and who also provide services to Pivot Recruitment Solutions, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on Pivot Recruitment Solutions business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators;
- Pivot Recruitment Solutions insurers;
- a professional association or registration body or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if Pivot Recruitment Solutions is required by law to do so.
If Pivot Recruitment Solutions engages a third party contractor to perform services which involve handling or processing personal data, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal data except for the purposes for which it was supplied or for processing it other than in accordance with Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ instructions.
If Pivot Recruitment Solutions enters into a joint venture with, is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to Pivot Recruitment Solutions’ new, or potential, business partners or owners. By providing Pivot Recruitment Solutions with your personal data, you consent to Pivot Recruitment Solutions disclosing your data to its new, or potential, business partners or owners if one of these situations arises.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, Pivot Recruitment Solutions will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
If you do not give Pivot Recruitment Solutions the data it seeks
If you do not give Pivot Recruitment Solutions the personal data it seeks (provided that the data sought is reasonable and relevant to the services being provided to or for you), it is unable to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
Security of your personal data
Pivot Recruitment Solutions holds personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions has security procedures in place to protect the personal data it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- recording of file movements;
- security classification to identify data needing special protection.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. Pivot Recruitment Solutions will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
However, please note that Pivot Recruitment Solutions is obliged under the Conduct Regulations (where applicable) to keep a record of your personal data and other information for a period of at least one year from the date of creation of the record or, if later, at least one year after the date on which Pivot Recruitment Solutions last provides services to you.
You can request access to your data
You may request access to any personal data Pivot Recruitment Solutions holds about you in accordance with the Act. Pivot Recruitment Solutions may charge a fee of £10 to cover the reasonable costs of retrieval and supply of the data to you.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions is not always required to provide you with access to all of your personal data on request.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions may refuse your access to certain personal data in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorised by law.
If Pivot Recruitment Solutions denies your request for access it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Keeping your personal data up to date
Pivot Recruitment Solutions takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions may also contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct. However, please let Pivot Recruitment Solutions know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for Pivot Recruitment Solutions to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
If you believe that personal or sensitive personal data Pivot Recruitment Solutions holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Pivot Recruitment Solutions will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If Pivot Recruitment Solutions is unable to agree that the personal data it holds about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you may apply to Court for an order for rectification, blocking, erasure or destruction.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us in this regard, please e-mail info@PivotRecruitment.co.uk
Transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA
The personal data Pivot Recruitment Solutions collects from you may be transferred outside the EEA either by Pivot Recruitment Solutions and/or by any of the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed to as listed in the section “How Pivot Recruitment Solutions may use and disclose your personal data”. Such transfers will occur where they are necessary as part of the recruitment and/or related intermediary services Pivot Recruitment Solutions provides to or for you, e.g. where you apply for a vacancy or position outside the EEA, or where the transfer is authorised by law. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred outside of the EEA in such circumstances.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions and/or the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data may store your personal data on a server overseas. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred to servers located overseas.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions will take reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely outside of the EEA.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information, such as a unique identifier and the site name.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- Our Site uses analytics services. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Pivot Recruitment Solutions also use ‘analytical’ cookies to help us improve the way our website works, for example, by making sure users are able to find what they need easily.
Clicking on links and banner advertisements and RSS feeds may result in your transfer to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of Pivot Recruitment Solutions. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these privacy policies as Pivot Recruitment Solutions accepts no responsibility for and has no control over them or any information or data collected by or for them.
How to contact us:
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal data or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 800 772 3437