Pivot Recruitment Solutions are proud to be the chosen recruitment partner of a leading waste Refuse Vehicle Solutions company.
Due to career progression there is now an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious Welder Fabricator to manage the growing team in the Gloucestershire area.
- As a skilled welder fabricator, you will use your skills on a variety of light commercial and HGV vehicle bodies
- Ensure that all work is completed to a high standard and safely
- Complete all work within set time scales and to the customer’s satisfactions which will include fabricate, position, align, and fit parts of structural metal products
Role & Responsibilities
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or workpieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Locate and mark workpiece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Position or tighten braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps, or bolt parts in position for welding or riveting.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Have confident repair skills, preserving through difficult jobs
- Interpret data from blueprints and written specifications
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work to high standards
- Good practical skills for using a range of tools
- The ability to work methodically and pay close attention to detail
- Focusing on creating a finished product
- Working unsupervised
- Maintaining accuracy
- Good communication and customer care skills
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Hold a NVQ or CSCS certification
Job Type / Category
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year